Our Home Assistance programme provides assistance to you when you are involved in a Home Emergency. A Home Emergency means any sudden, unexpected and/or unforeseen event at your home requiring the immediate and/or urgent services of a domestic tradesman to limit/minimise or prevent further damage to the home.
This benefit is restricted to home emergencies and only applies to your eligible premises/primary place of permanent residence, within the Republic of South Africa and used for domestic purposes, including outbuildings.
Emergency Services Notification and Call-out
At your request our Assist Call Centre will relay a notification of emergencies to the Police, Traffic, Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Security or any other emergency service provider.
Mobile Notification Services
As a member you will receive an SMS notifying you of the update on your active case.
* Please note that each benefit will be managed on an individual basis and is highly dependent on traffic, weather and correct information received i.e. address or area of incident.
The Home Assistance programme shall entail the following emergency services to customers:
- Tree Felling
- Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers
- Appliances (member will be assisted, but on a member-to-pay basis only)
Assistance shall be provided to customers in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks, causing further damage to the home
- Emergency Geyser overflow, valves (Latco and pressure release) causing loss of hot water and pressure-release problems
- Jacuzzi, swimming pools and boreholes and borehole pumps; leak detection inspections, repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others, leaking taps, replacement of a burst geyser, septic tanks and water supply interruptions to permanent residence
- Glazier assistance is a 24-hour help line, offering assistance were a service provider is dispatched to ensure that side glass or building glass can be professionally replaced
- Broken or badly cracked window panes which could result in access to the residence
- No materials are covered as this is for the member’s account (the actual glass etc. is for the member on account)
Assistance shall be provided to beneficiaries in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables causing power failure
- Earth-leakage relays causing power failure
- Geyser connections, and elements, causing 100% power failure
- Plug points causing 100% power failure
- Light fittings or switches causing 100% power failure
- Lightning strikes on wiring
- Multiple burnt connections on wiring or plug points causing 100% power failure
- Connections to all electrical motors (e.g. electric gate motor) causing 100% power failure
- If keys are broken off or lost for a main entrance or exit of the house (This includes outbuildings)
- If a person is locked inside the house or any room within the house
- Burglary incidents (the member will be assisted, but is liable for the cost); and garages; Padlocks; Replacing of damaged locks (the member will be assisted at his/her own expense).
Additional benefits also included are:
- Tree Fellers/Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers – paid for up to the per incident limits only and only within day light hours.
- Should a break in occur, Security assistance and guarding services will be provided at the member’s request. This will be for the member’s own account.